- Trip to Eravikulam National Park, Tea Plantation & Museum, Munnar
- Visit to Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Boat Ride at Lake Periyar, Spice plantation tour & Kalaripayattu show
- Cruise through beautiful Kerela backwaters and stay on Houseboat, Alleppey
- Sightseeing tours by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Start & End in Cochin
Day 01 Arrival in Cochin & Drive to Munnar (130 km/approx. 4 hours)
Meet our representative upon arrival in Cochin and drive to Munnar – derived its name from the confluence of the three rivers around which the town grew. Munnar -called “tea garden hill station of kerala”. On the way visit valara and cheeyappara waterfalls and Blossom Garden. Today, it offers beautiful vistas, cardamom and spice plantations, aromatic oil factories and sights of Serenity of Munnar. Upon arrival in Munnar, check-in at the hotel and spend evening at leisure. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02 Sightseeing in Munnar
Explore Eravikulam National Park, home to various elusive and endangered species. It is a great place to enjoy trekking and offers mind-blowing views of the tea plantations. Later, proceed towards Tea Museum (closed on Monday), which gives an insight to the history of tea plantations of this region. Later visit Mattupetty Dam, Eco Point and Flower Garden. Return to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 03 Munnar – Thekkady (90 kms / approx. 2.5 hours)
After breakfast, drive to Thekkady (Periyar) and on arrival check-in at the hotel. Enjoy a full day sightseeing tour of Periyar. Set high in the ranges of the Western Ghats in Kerala, is the Periyar National Park and Tiger Reserve. Periyar wildlife sanctuary has a picturesque lake at the heart of the sanctuary. Herds of playful wild elephants have made Periyar Lake their favorite haunt for frolicking in the water. They can be witnessed bathing and swimming here. Enjoy a boat ride on the lake to view the wildlife at close quarters. Other inhabitants of Periyar include the leopard, wild dog, barking deer, mouse deer, Nilgiri langur, bonnet macaque, sambhar, porcupines, squirrels, gaur (Indian bison), wild boar and sloth bear. Later, take a spice plantation tour. The aroma and pleasant ambiance of the spice and tea plantations of Periyar are fascinating. Spices found in Thekkady include pepper, clove, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, turmeric, vanilla and curry leaves. In evening, watch traditional Kalaripayattu show. (Optional) – You can also enjoy an elephant ride in Periyar. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 04 Thekkady – Alleppey (140 kms / approx. 4 hours)
After breakfast, drive to Alleppey and board your houseboat on arrival. Alleppey, “Venice of the East” has a large network of backwater canals that meander through the town, surrounding villages and Vembanad Lake. Cruise through the beautiful and scenic backwaters of Kerala, while you stay in houseboat. Overnight stay in houseboat.
Day 05 Departure from Cochin (83 kms / approx.2.5 hour)
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Cochin airport for return flight back home. End of Services.
End of services.
- 3 night accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned above hotels or equivalent with breakfast
- 1 night accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned above houseboat or equivalent with all meals
- Assistance at the airport
- Sightseeing as per itinerary by private tourist vehicle
- Drivers allowances, toll taxes and Govt. Service Tax
- Air fares /any travel tickets
- Lunch & Dinners unless specified in Inclusions.
- Kalaripayattu show in Thekkady
- Boat-ride in Periyar Lake
- Service as per the itinerary
- Entrance fee at Monuments as per the itinerary
- Special activities as per the itinerary
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.
- Camera / Video camera fees applicable at monuments